Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's the Bloggity!: Cartoon Network Kills Cartoons!


~*~


As a child, I loved watching Cartoon Network . I loved watching The Flintstones, Transformers, Justice League, Johnny Bravo etc. but nowadays it seems like Cartoon Network is forgetting one thing that made them successful in the first place, the cartoons. I don't understand why Cartoon Network started making TV shows that aren't even cartoons but yet they claim themselves as being "Cartoon" Network. No only do they make non-animated series but their new animated series are just remakes of their hit shows and I get tired of watching the same plot replayed over and over on the screen.


I took the time out of my day on Friday to watch the premiere of Star Wars: The Clone Wars since I've been a huge fan of George Lucas since I was 5 years old. I watched the first season of the show 2 years ago which was a bit mediocre and missed most of second season (because of the whole digital transition thing) so of course I was pumped to see season three yet I did wonder what Cartoon Network could possibly do new since they have to stay within the prequels' plots but after 10 minutes of watching the show, my ADD kicked in I don't remember what happened at all because so many irrelevant things were randomly thrown into the plot. It saddens me how Cartoon Network will bring 20 new characters into a series and have no reason for them even being there which made this episode, a fail.


Next I watched "Generator Rex", which I happen to think is very cliche. The only reason for me watching it is because  I love the main character's personality and he reminds me of my friends so I can connect with him. It turned out to be a pretty funny episode and I enjoyed watching it but that still doesn't make up for it generic plot  and shows that Cartoon Network has lost it's unique edge over other networks such as Nick and Disney Channel.


Afterwards, I watched "Symbiotic Titan" which I thought was going to be a bust but it was actually good. I like watching the way the characters interacted with each other and even though I knew the situation the characters were in could never happen, their performance made it more real to me but then I realized, it was exactly  like a rough version of the Ben 10 series and that I didn't like. 


I don't care if your a robot, human, or even a freaking powerpuff girl, I want new plots, new characters, and a new theme not the same bull you've been feeding for the last 5 years! If you want more viewers,Cartoon Network,  bring back the classic and not make me have to pay $100 dollars more to watch Boomerang. I often think that this is what cartoons will be like for now on, dried out and overused  like an old condom but I hope these child's networks get it together for future generation's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment